Monday, October 31, 2005

Mindless talk

The malls in Illinois suck. Or at least, the one we went to today did (not even an Abercrombie and Fitch! Nooo!). SM Pampanga was probably twice its size! I was able to get 2 bags and a shirt though :D

Also, I don't feel so bad now. Yesterday, we went to downtown Chicago, and it was really pretty~ red and yellow leaves on all the trees and on the ground, and almost every building had an old-school feel to them (because they really are old, I think...haha). There were lots of parks and hospitals (yup, hospitals) too. It's actually my first time to go to the States during this time of the year so yeah, it's also my first time to see these things. The weather was really cold too, but I didn't mind :D And today, aside from going to the mall, we passed through this area where all the houses were seriously BIG and beautifully designed, with some even hidden behind lots of trees and plants. Major richness there, hahaha (some of them cost $3 million, I think).

All in all, Chicago actually seems like a really nice place to live in. The cold weather, at the very least, gives you an excuse to wear trenchcoats, boots and scarves, which I all like :D I'll try to post pictures when I get home :) I'm leaving here tomorrow. After that, two more days in LA, then I'm off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chee.. the rich neighborhood you were talkin about, baka there naka set un home alone movies.. If i remember correctly sa suburbs ng chicago ginawa un. wala lang.. :-D hay chee.. shopping ng shopping. hehe

Anonymous said...

chee! haha you should see new york talaga! :) and rhode island and new hampshire haha ganda sobra :) malamig nga lang din hahaha.

and like kev said baka yun nga yun set sa home alone hehehe ;p

miss you na! :)