Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Movies movies movies

I've been on a movie-watching spree since last Saturday :D Hahaha. Just making up for all the movies I wanted to watch but wasn't able to, like Jarhead, Walk the Line and Proof :c So here's what I think of the movies I've seen these past few days (not that it would really matter, though):

1. Garden State - watched the first half last Saturday on DVD. It's really good so far :D Zach Braff is so talented for coming up with it. And I love Natalie Portman! She really comes off as quirky, which just goes to show how talented and versatile she is (speaking of her movies, I wanna watch V for Vendetta! It looks interesting :D). The soundtrack was pretty good too. I regret not buying it when I was in the States :c

2. Brokeback Mountain - really liked this movie :D The cinematography was beautiful in every scene, even the seemingly non-important ones where the cowboys were just herding sheep or talking. And the movie sure had a lot of quotable quotes ;p Hahaha (go to IMDB if you want to read them!). I won't talk about the plot though, because I might give something away. Basically, the movie deserves all the awards it's been getting. I hope it wins Oscar for Best Film! :D

3. Goal! - kind of cliche since it's the classic underdog story but still good :D It was pretty funny and the games were amazing (I wonder how they got to shoot them?). I'm not much of a soccer (oh, wait, football ;p) player and I barely know the clubs but the movie made me want to watch games more :D It also made me want to go to England (Newcastle!!)! And on a last note, I totally looove the soundtrack!! :D

4. Memoirs of a Geisha - just watched this today after wanting to watch it since October last year (haha). It was okay, though a little dragging during the later part. I don't really remember the book but it's better (as always :p). I guess some books are just really hard to make into movies, especially if the story spans a decade or more. But still, the movie was worth the wait because just seeing the totally different culture (the dances, the gardens, the geisha putting on their kimono and makeup) was exciting :)

So there. I'm happy I got to watch all the movies I wanted to watch, even if I've been having trouble doing homework and saving money :p Hahaha. Want to watch Pride and Prejudice (even if I don't like Keira Knightley, hehe) and The Nun next! :D

1 comment:

nice said...

yiheeeee dami dami pinapanuod hahaha ;p